Thursday, October 1, 2020





 Lord help me. 


You called me to a life of ministry. 

You called me, Jesus, to follow you.

You called me Lord, to serve you. 

 

You called me Jesus,

 Light of the world,

to shine your light,

to share your love,

to make disciples,

to proclaim the Gospel

and the truth of Resurrection! 

 

Lord help me!

 

I love you. 

I love your people. 

I love sharing the good news

and creating space

for the healing of your Holy Spirit

 to bring miracles into marriages

and heal fractures in families,

 to create clean hearts,

to heal divisions amongst your people,

to reveal the peace

only your presence can bring.  

 

I love to be used by you 

to bring about wholeness, forgiveness, and reconciliation;

to ignite passion in your people;

to see blindness fade and faith grow;

to empower and equip your people so that 

together, we change the world and build your kingdom.  

 

Lord help me.

I know I am not alone. 

I know you are with me. 

I know I am surrounded 

by the saints who have gone before me. 

I know I am held in covenant 

with others who 

say yes to you 

and this great and wondrous call.

 

Strengthen me

and give me the courage

right now, and each day

to lay aside every weight

and the sin that clings so closely. 

 

Let me lay it down, Lord Jesus, right now.

 

Lay it down.

 

All my frustration

at how cumbersome

everything seems,

at how urgently

I want to share the Gospel

and how glacially

your church moves. 

 

I want to do this work and  yet,

I am discouraged by all that seems

to hinder and shut out

your Spirit of welcoming embrace. 

 

I am angry, Lord at the obstacles. 

I am weary of the entanglements

that feel of this world. 

I want accountability and

 I accept the charge we have,

and yet Lord, you call us to be released

 from the bindings and trappings of this world.

 

Lead us, Lord.

 

How do we walk this road at this time?

 

How do we throw off all the weight and sin that clings so closely?

 

Help us run with perseverance

the race that is set before us,  

looking to Jesus the pioneer

 and perfecter of our faith,

who for the sake of the joy

that was set before him endured the cross,

disregarding its shame,

and has taken his seat

at the right hand of the throne of God.

 

I will run the race with you, Jesus.

I am not ashamed of the Gospel.

It is the power of God

for the salvation of all who believe.

 

You are all I need.

I stand with you.

I live to glorify you.

I am called to proclaim the Gospel. 

 

And I will not be deterred.

Amen.    

 

2 comments:

Tim Tate said...

Beautiful Beth. God bless you!

Rev Momma said...

Thanks Tim! Thankful for you!
Thanks again for letting me use your pic!

A Reminder On Hard Day in Ministry

If you pause in the conversation,  "It's dead silence. " If you respond too quickly.  "You weren't listening, but wai...